Strategic Defense Of Misdemeanor Charges
A misdemeanor is recognized as a less serious crime than a felony. However, this does not mean that misdemeanor charges are not potentially serious. You can end up with a criminal record if you are convicted of a misdemeanor, such as assault or theft by shoplifting. It is important to fight for the best outcome possible after you have been charged with any crime.
I am defense attorney Maritza Antu, a former district attorney now defending Texans through my private practice. I have been defending the accused through The Antu Law Firm, PLLC, since its founding in 2016. I am thorough and determined in my representation of people charged with misdemeanors and felonies. I understand how important it is for you to get the best possible result in your misdemeanor case.
A Strong Defense From Start To Finish
Are you under investigation for an alleged criminal offense? My experience has equipped me to help you pursue the best outcome possible. Let me defend you if you have been charged with a misdemeanor offense such as the following:
- First- or second-offense DWI
- Family assault violence
- Possession of marijuana and other controlled substances (in smaller amounts or involving substances considered less harmful than those cited in felony charges)
- Disorderly conduct
- Traffic violations
I can fight to keep you out of jail and otherwise prevent the harshest penalties you might otherwise incur. I will look diligently for the most promising path to your defense:
- I may help you get your misdemeanor charges or penalties reduced.
- I may help you prevent ending up with a damaging criminal record.
- Did the police commit illegal search and seizure? If so, the evidence that they gathered should be inadmissible and your case may be dismissed altogether.
- You may have been caught through an accident of circumstances when someone who was with you committed a crime but you did not.
If you work with me, we will work together in pursuit of the most favorable outcome. If you have already been convicted, I will help determine if you may be eligible for expungement of your records.
For Evaluation Of Your Misdemeanor Case
I am available to start an investigation in pursuit of your best chances of a positive outcome. To schedule a free consultation, call my office in Houston at 713-853-9656 today or fill out an online inquiry form. I speak English and Spanish.