Charged With A Felony Offense? Get Trusted Legal Counsel Now.
Besides a potential prison sentence, a felony conviction can leave you with a damaging criminal record. I am defense attorney Maritza Antu, the founder of The Antu Law Firm, and I am ready to fight for your freedom and future after you have been charged with a felony crime.
I will use my extensive trial and legal experience to defend you if you have been charged with a serious crime. As a former chief prosecuting attorney, I personally tried over 70 cases to a jury. I learned that the best defense is one that is detailed, thorough, and aggressive. I will aggressively help you pursue the best outcome when you are under investigation or have been charged with a felony.
A Strong Defense From Start To Finish
Each client and situation involves special circumstances that deserve careful scrutiny. Were you acting in self-defense? Are the accusations or criminal charges exaggerated or simply wrong?
If I am your defense lawyer, I will leave no stone uncovered while searching for the key to a favorable result, such as a case dismissal, acquittal at trial, or reduced charges or penalties. Let me evaluate the facts and the charges that you face, namely:
A first-degree felony such as:
- Aggravated assault of a public servant, aggravated robbery or aggravated sexual assault
- Murder or attempted capital murder
- Human trafficking of children under age 14
- Drug possession
A second-degree felony such as:
- Aggravated assault
- Sexual assault
- Human trafficking
- Arson or robbery
- Possession of up to 2000 pounds of marijuana
A third-degree felony such as:
- Deadly conduct with a firearm
- Indecent exposure to a child
- A felon’s possession of a firearm
- DWI (third offense)
A state jail felony such as:
- Cruelty to animals
- DWI with a child in the vehicle
- Forgery or any white-collar fraud
I will look for every avenue of hope. For example, one of the following may apply in your case:
- There may be an opportunity to have your charges reclassified at the misdemeanor level.
- Law enforcement agents may have committed illegal search or an illegal seizure. The evidence may not be admissible.
- You may be battling an addiction to opioids. Treatment may be an option.
A detailed investigation can point the way to the most promising avenue of defense.
Get Your Case Analysis Underway
I am ready to start investigating and developing a defense strategy for you. To schedule a free consultation, call my office in Houston at 713-853-9656 or complete the online contact form. I am proficient in English and Spanish.